Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Almost Called Josh but Then I Chickened Out...

Instead, I contacted him through his website. This is what I wrote:

Hey Josh!

Thanks for the painting! :) I definitely wasn't expecting that, and really appreciate it-- thank you. I love your series with the abstracted couples. I almost called you to thank you, but I am guessing you are probably pretty busy right now, so I didn't want to bug ya.

I hope you made it down there safely and that your cat was sufficiently drugged :D...Was your dog OK? I hope so-- give her a big hug and kiss for me! :D...I hope you are diggin your new place too, and that everything is going great!

Kelly :)

....I decided to contact him through his websight instead of calling for a variety of reasons. Here they are:

1) I don't want to seem desperate
2) I have pretty bad social anxiety, and worry I would start rambling like an idiot,
and say something stupid, and/or make myself look stupid...I just worry about
generally embarrassing myself I guess.
3) David didn't think I should call. He liked the idea of the email. He said he
thought Josh just gave me the picture because perhaps he felt badly about how
hard he has been on me lately. (like this was a way of apologizing or something).

I hope this kind of puts the ball in his court, so to speak. It will be interesting
to see if he emails me back at all, or ever contacts me. I don't have my hopes up, but you never know.

2 comments:

MoarMe said...

I am glad you didn't call either. I think the fact that he gave you an original says ALOT. But you have put yourself out there. The email was a great thing because now it puts the ball in his court. And you weren't calling and putting yourself out there.

But he is in the process of moving and getting settled so we don't know what his access to the internet is going to be. But I definitely think you are going to hear back from him.

What's Wrong With Me? said...

I hope so Bot! Thanks for the reassurance :) Today one of the other artists up at the studio (on the same wing as me) asked if I had heard from Josh yet. I said I hadn't and asked him if he had. He hadn't either, and we both figured he was busy setting up his new place and such. I hope I hear from him at some point :)