Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So I joined Facebook...What the Hell Was I Thinking?....


I feel like I just opened a whole new can of worms...


Normally I would not do something like this...Not that I feel there is anything wrong with websites such as Facebook or Myspace...it's just that I am quite guarded about myself with people I know--- especially people from my past. I really don't want all these people to know the extent to which my life sucks...


So how did this happen you may ask?...2 words-- my boyfriend. His brother is on Facebook, and wanted my boyfriend to join. (They're close-- it's very cute-- they talk constantly on the phone and make fun of each other)...So my boyfriend joined, then made me join. Well, OK...he didn't put a gun to my head or anything...but he requested I join so he could have more than one friend...So I joined...


And then something strange happened....4 people from my past popped up and marked me as a friend, or contact...I accetped naturally , as I am always curious what people are up to. 2 of these friend requests really caught me off guard-- people I've never spent time with really...I chatted with them a little in class way back when...and one of them was actually kinda snarky towards me....kind of shocking he added me really...


So the long and short of it...these people now know I'm a self employed artist. I don't know how I feel about this...they may think "hey cool"!...or they may thinking yeah, that means "unemployed"...both of which opinions being correct naturally :O....I just dont' know how I feel about this...two of the people have already googled me and found my art. It's kind of a compliment, but if I fall on my face, have no sales, or have some kinda melt down people may find out...This makes me nervous...


I was always that kid that got picked on, the kid who ate lunch alone...the kid who got good grades, but it didn't matter or get me anywhere because I could not function socially...For the last decade I managed to make myself anonymous to people from my younger years...now because of facebook they found me...I don't know how I feel about this. Perhaps I should delete my account...but then there is this sick fascination with finding people from my past I am curious about...well actually, I hope they find me-- as I am too chicken to approach them...

3 comments:

edson_dias said...

There's nothing wrong with you. the world thinks they are right, but thats their problem. cheers. I quit my regular job some 6 years ago & now I do nothing but take pictures for myself, I also paint & write whenever I feel like. Ofcourse, most of the time I'm broke but thats ok.

Donnie said...

I gotta tell ya kiddo...your blog is pretty good reading to me. I enjoyed it a great deal. I never knew that someone so depressed and down on themselves was capable of making me laugh, but your writing did that. Also, if the line art on your blog is yours, it's very good. Keep up the good work!

What's Wrong With Me? said...

Thanks Edson! :) What a nice person you are!....yeah, I'm broke too! :) I don't know what I'd do without the help of my boyfriend and my Dad...the ultimate goal is for me to be self sufficent, hopefully it will happen :O...

Thanks Don! That's so sweet of you! :)...Yup, the line art is mine :)-- my other stuff I much more intricate!