Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Former Classmates are Doctors!...Lets Celebrate With Alcohol....


Yes, it is true...They are medical doctors, they are PhD doctors...and they are also lawyers...Me?....I am unemployed and just have a crappy bachelor's degree. Why? Because it was too difficult to pursue further schooling, with my issues of depression, anxiety, and bulimia...(I can't even hold a fucking full time job).

I thought I would celebrate being a loser by enjoying some fine liquer....I had determined 2 months ago my love affair with lady Amaretto must come to and end (as she was making me fat)--lots of calories in that shit...But anyway, I decided to splurge, and go for one more round. (For the record I've gained 7 pounds this year, which is quite noticable on a 5'4 frame)...I have lost 4 of those pounds though, in the last month)...I am slowly getting back to the lower end of average on the body mass index thingie...

By the way, this is another "facebook" post...I recently discovered (and not to my surprise) that a guy friend of mine from the dorms freshman year, is now a medical doctor...Let's call him Gacey the Clown....(he does have a disturbing giggle, and I am running out of aliases for people)...

This was a guy who was very into science, obviously intelligent and was also very into "himself"...you know what I mean?...turns out he still is...No, don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy. He just has a certain way of communicating with me, where it's almost condescending...

For example...one of his friends was one of the few guys to ever kind of "come on" to me in college...When I asked this Gacey the Clown about said friend, and mentioned jokingly that he was always coming on to me, (always talking about his "seed" and such) Gacey's response was "yeah whatever,"...and then he went on rambling about his residency some more...(he said "yeah whatever" in that YEAH right kind of way...

Lovely....Needless to say, I won't be searching for many other friends from my past on Facebook-- too deppresing. (For the record, I've only added like 3, and about 10 have added me-- why? I have no fucking idea-- these people never gave me the time of day back in highg school)...

I might have to delete my facebook account...I'm just so curious about everyone else though!...I'll keep ya posted...

4 comments:

Donnie said...

Shit, you say you're trying to loose a little weight and you do. So what's your problem with that? If you are totally "fucked up" as you put it, then get into a bunch of Twinkies and Ho-Ho's. No puking though! Good stuff doesn't come without a price, quit feeling sorry for yourself!

Lori Laws said...

Just want you to know that you are valuable and loved:)

Dr. Jay SW said...

I'm technically a doctor myself--PhD in English--and still broke, and, it seems, terminally single, and tormented by depression and anxiety to the point that it's difficult to do much of anything a lot of the time. But, that doesn't mean I can't find pleasure in a lot of things, or that I can't love and be loved. I'm not gonna shoot any positive affirmations at you--I hate that shit, myself, almost as much as I hate people who tell you to stop feeling sorry for yourself without, obviously knowing anything about your suffering. You're clearly highly intelligent, you've got soul, and a (dark) sense of humor. As somebody said, the symptoms of depression are quite similar to the symptoms for intelligence. Keep expressing your feelings. Keep reaching out. Keep posting to this blog.

What's Wrong With Me? said...

Thanks for all the great comments you guys :) Much appreciated! :)