Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am Not a Career Woman

I realize this may be a taboo thing to say after everything the woman's movement has done and all...(and it has done a lot of good things-- equal opportunities and equal pay is a good thing)!!!...but I really don't have a burning desire to be a successful career woman. In fact, I would rather be a housewife/artist.

I feel guilty admitting this, but it is true. And it's not because I am lazy-- in fact, I prefer to be busy. But the whole, be a Dr., be a lawer, be a teacher...I don't fit into those worlds. In fact, most jobs I have ever had have stressed me out to no ends...and these were low paying hourly jobs.

I wasn't cut out to be a career woman. Given I am single this is a bit of a problem. I'm not going to marry any asshole off the street though. I guess I am just destined to be really fucking poor, because the "mega career" thing stresses me out.

What's wrong with wanting to be a housewife? I don't see why that has to be taboo...Oh wait...there is all that pressure from my family to have a fucking career...

3 comments:

MoarMe said...

Nothing taboo about being honest. Nothing wrong for wanting to be a house wife either! I have the same thoughts as well. I wonder if alot of women do but just dont have the boobs to say so.

What's Wrong With Me? said...

thanks Bot! I wonder about this as well...my sister has a masters degree, works full time and seems pretty stressy...she says she's content, but then says that when her husband get a raise maybe she'll go work at Home Depot...I wonder if a lot of women have these thoughts..

iiizzzeeennn™ said...

Agreed with BotLady !! Nothing is wrong as long as you know what you wanna be... in this case, a (perfect) housewife.


I want to be that too you know... it's just that I don't think I can survive ...

Money seems to be everything thesedays.