Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Final Nail in the Coffin...??? :(

This makes me sad. I was really into this guy Josh. He has been doing the usual "avoiding" me for the most part, but with a little chit chat here and there. He has had opportunities to invite me places, spend time with me...blah blah blah...but he hasn't.

This evening I had a few beers with my artist buddy David (he's the dude who's in his late 50's), and we talked about life and relationships. I then got back to the studios and Josh was there. I chatted with him a bit and discovered more about him, and perhaps why he is not into me...This conversation took place in his studio, and as I had a few beers in me I mustered up the courage to talk to him a bit more than I had in recent memory...

He said he would leave right now if he could, and he was merely waiting on his lease. He also commented more on people in out city not really having any dreams, and partying too much. I find this odd personally, as he drinks quite a bit, and one of his good friends is becoming an anesthesiologist...anyway, I think basically he is trying to get away from the party scene to improve his life...maybe he thinks I am a partier??? I drink some with friends, but I don't go to bars alone or anything...As my friend David said, Josh is hard on people. Even Josh has said this...his expectations are very high. I am the opposite. I am hard on myself, but quite lenient with others.

Josh even commented on how he grouped me in with those types who don't know what they want to do. That hurt a bit. I do know what I want to do, but don't have the confidence he has. He asked me if I had decided what I wanted to do, and I told him I want to be an artist. I also commented I am extremely practical, and know I need to do something in addition to this. He said he didn't understand the lack of confidence thing, and couldn't relate to it. I told him I was picked on a lot as a teenager and never really fit it-- that was probably a big part of it. I also said I had to "de-program" my brain in this city, and get away from the beliefs that were instilled in me by my family. I was raised in such a way where I thought I had to have a masters degree or Phd or something to be acceptable-- to be some type of white collar person...I basically said I am slowly coming into my own.

Another interesting thing he said was that his former girlfriend was SO postitive, about everything she did-- and that really drew him to her. I can't remember what I said before this, but he said this about his ex in response to what I said...it was almost like another way of shooting me down-- I am too negative about myself..He also commented that the dating pool here is small and he doesn't like to date other artists because he doesn't like to date people like himself. What the hell is that supposed to mean??? Other than the fact that he just is not that into me...

Then Sam popped in and we all chatted for a while. Josh said he was going to some person's house for a few beers, and Sam knew these people too. He invited Sam to stop by, but not me. And there is the final nail in the coffin...

2 comments:

MoarMe said...

hey girlie -

After reading this post.......it's time to work on you. Because you are fantastic and it's time to break the mold!

And it's time to have someone who likes you for you. Someone who doesn't typecast and makes sweeping generalizations about who you are......or anyone for that matter.

Wonder what Josh's reaction would be if you turned the tables.......

Guys like to put themselves on a pedestal and project a sagely all knowing persona.

Josh still has lots to learn.

Like the rest of us.

What's Wrong With Me? said...

Aw, thanks Bot! :) I think you're right, it is time to work on me...that's what my closest friends have told me as well...I really don't want a man to dictate how I feel about myself....it would be nice to find someone who likes me for who I am. Oddly enough my most recent ex was like this, but he is a SEVERE alcholic (rehab 5 times) adn has no interest in sex...

that would be interesting to turn the tables... :D...maybe I should just act like I have no interest in him whatsoever ....

I agree-- I think Josh does have a lot to learn (like the rest of us)...I don't get why he's so hard on everyone-- you can't change other people, only yourself, you know?