Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm Really Glad the Mercury Retrograde is Over...

For those of you out there in cyberspace who are not familiar with mercury in retrograde, it basically means communications get totally fucked up. This explains some of the Josh problems perhaps...

Today we had a slightly normal conversation. He was up at the studio doing some things to get his studio in order and he chatted with me a bit. We talked about the career stuff and he said he got so frustrated when he talked to me about this, as he is under the impression I don't know what I want to do. I said I know, we don't have to talk about it. I tried to explain to him again, that I do want to do art for a living, but I am very practical and like to have a steady paycheck. I said I am trying to decide on what type of day job to support my art, until the art takes off (or if it doesn't). I THINK he kind of gets where I am coming from now, even though it drives him nuts....

I felt kind of stupid, so I began to walk away, and he then said I hope you don't think I am being too hard on you. I said I didn't think he was being too hard on me, but he did hurt my feelings a few days ago when he said no one here has any hopes and dreams, and he lumped me into that category. He said he was sorry. I said it's OK. Maybe now that the retrograde is over he gets where I'm coming from a little more.

We also talked a bit about his plans for the week as he arrives in his new city. He'll be getting furniture and such, and then he will start to paint again, etc....

On another interesting side note: my exboyfriend was cleaning his stuff out of my apartment last night, and had a spare key. So he bursts into my apartment at 2 AM, when I am asleep and says something to the effect of: "I"m taking the external harddrive!...and who are you out sleeping with?!?!" I was groggy and half asleep adn told him the truth-- I'm not sleeping with anybody.

Unfortunatley, I have no sex life...

No comments: