Thursday, July 24, 2008

Not Doing too good Tonight...


I'm thinking about too many things...the past, my family...people I know, and people I knew...I need to get rid of the nostalgic streak, but it haunts me...Not to be melodramatic, but it really does...I suppose it doesn't help that I've been listening to you tube videos all night...think Alanis Morissette, Willie Nelson, and Anne Murray...


Yes, I know, potentially self indulgent and pathetic, but in a strange way...it makes me feel better...the songs I listen to, I listen to for a specific reason...the remind me of a time in my life, a certain feeling...you know? There's something about music that does that. It transports me back in time-- Alanis Morissette to my late teen years and early 20's...Willie and Anne to my childhood years...when my mother was still here...I don't remember her well, but I know she loved me. I wish she was still here. I know she loved me. I don't know how, but I just know. And my Dad told me she kind of favored me...then she offed herself. Maybe that's why I'm so fucked up. I'm very introspective and I know how I feel. I usually know why I feel the way I feel. It doesn't change things though. It doesnt' make things better....Maybe I should paint about it. I just miss them.


PS: this is a sketch from long ago...I did this in Jeremy's dorm room...

2 comments:

Thinkinfyou said...

I don't think you suck. Just from your blog,I can see you have tons of talent with writing and your sketches.
I can understand depression and anxiety ,I go through that shit myself. I can tell you it will get better! I promise!!

What's Wrong With Me? said...

thanks for your kind words :)