Friday, November 21, 2008

General State of Panic..

So my Dad had a health scare. Apparently he thought he might have cancer, and was under this impression for like a month and a half.

Luckily after 12 biopsies the doctors concluded he did not have prostate cancer. He did have 2 that were "abnormal" though-- not cancerous, but growths or something?...Prostate cancer runs in my Dad's family big time, so he has to go in every 6 months to get it checked out...Oddly enough, his PSA levels were rising because of this stupid fucking hormone gel one of his doctors put him on.

I swear sometimes doctors do more harm than good...He's of that mindset though, that doctors are gods or something...Here's another pill for that! Naw, you don't need to make any lifestyle changes! Just take more pills, that will make you get sick in other ways!...

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now...I've just seen doctors really fuck people up, and I don't want my Dad getting fucked up by these doctors...(can you tell I've had some negative experience with medical professionals :)...Anyway, I know doctors help a lot of the time, but I just wish they weren't so quick to try things that could make you worse, instead of advocating certain lifestyle changes...

I'm glad he is OK. I was freaking out for a day after I heard the good news...Of course I was thinking about when it "becomes cancer" instead of that he's OK. I'm such a pessimist.

No comments: