Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shit Hits the Fan...

Did I mention my boyfriend of almost 4 years is a recovering alcholic? yeah...and I mean a bad one-- think rehab 5 times and multiple suicde attempts.

Well, I went to bed abnormally early last night, and woke up around 1:30 AM, only to find him drinking whiskey. Shit! (He's currently still in bed, most likely with a hangover)...

One of two things can happend now:

1) he sobers up, and goes back to work on Thursday (he has a couple of days off)..

2) he goes on a drinking binge, most likely followed by a suicide attempt...

I really hope #1 is the path he follows. I am so sick of dealing with this shit. I used to be sweet and nurturing about all this, but I jsut can't take it anymore. My caregiving skills are wearing out, I have so many of my own problems...

I'll keep you updated...

2 comments:

Donnie said...

Shit! What the hell are you doing girlfriend? Dump the bastard and take care of yourself first. You're no good to anybody unless you're in shape yourself...Christ!
If he says he'll commit suicide then let him...it's only a threat. He could have done it long ago if he wanted. Don't believe that bullshit and just cut him loose.

What's Wrong With Me? said...

Yeah, it's pretty much fucked. When I was a couple years younger and had more energy I could deal with it. Now that I'm getting older I am tired, and want a better life. It's extremely complicated...maybe I should do a blog post about that...